Re: Rapid beeps and system lock up

Thank you.  I was running sawfish.  Shouldn't the installation
procedure have some kind of warning?   I see there's another update,
so this will be my chance to get it right.

I have two questions.  First, what is the SYSREQ key (I have a MS
Natural keyboard--windows oriented)?

Second, how do I get out of X?  I think I'm running gdm, set so I go
straight into the graphical environment.  If I try to exit, I think it
just comes right back.  And do I need to exit X, or just sawfish?