depmod: error reading ELF header

Hello there,

Yesterday I did an install of potato on a 8Mb Laptop. As there's no
support for low-memory machines anymore in potato, I installed the slink
base system from the 7 floppies and then did apt-get update/apt-get
dist-upgrade.
Seems to have worked out, but when depmod is run I get the following
errormessage:

depmod: error reading ELF header: No such file or directory

What does this mean? Which package contains the ELF header, so I can
reinstall it? Or will it go away when I upgrade the kernel to 2.2.x (at
the moment I'm still running the 2.0.36, which ships with the slink
rescue floppy)?

Regards,
Daniel