Re: Mozilla eats even more memory

> > 	Mind you, if the memory space is always identical (surely position
> > as well as size)
> > 	then why is it difficult to find shared threads?   Very naïve of me
> > I know, but surely
> > 	you don't need to go too deep into the system to find the base
> > address of a process.
>
> I'm not sure, but I think that (at least on i386) each process has it's own
> address space,
process - yes. thread - no. this is, what we are talking about.

> and because of virtual addressing this space can have the
> same address as that found in completely separate processes.
yep. and threads belonging together in fact use the same memory, not only
the same memory layout.
the processes/threads are distinguished by their controlling structures,
not memory they actually see.

> Maybe someone with more hardware knowledge could clear this up?
i'm your man! :)

a bit confusing, but i don't want to spend more time explaining it. :-)

regards

Real programmers don't comment their code.
It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
--
Become part of the world's biggest computer cluster -
join http://www.distributed.net/