Re: why no apm after re-install and support selected in recompiled kernel?

is your machine dual processor? did you select SMP support in the
kernel?

if the answer is both then linux will most likely disable APM when it
boots, because according to Alan Cox(I think) no APM calls are SMP safe.
if the answer is no to the first and yes to the second, linux still may
do it im not sure.

you can override the kernel i think(by adding a line to lilo) if this is
the situation, im not sure what it is though, i curse power management
on everything, i avoid it like the plague!! nothing but problems for
me:(

nate