Re: Which netscape version works?

There is a newer version - 4.75, which seems *slightly* less buggy for me.
If you don't already have it, add the security line to your
/etc/apt/sources.list file, and then run:

apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

and it will install the newer version, as well as any other security fixes
you may need. I don't have the security line handy right now, but it is in
other messages posted to the list today.

Netscape crashes a lot - particularly from web pages containing java and
javascript - but that's probably what you need for your bank's web site.
Look at the email archive from earlier this month to see a discussion of
other web browsers, but none have all the features (good or bad) of
Netscape.

Good luck,
John