Re: Internet Cafe

ChrisHellberg <chellberg@ecnetwork.co.nz> writes:

Does this really make sense? You would have to put in your floppy
before you log in. What you really need is something like autofs that
(theoretically) umounts drives in customizable intervals. This doesn't
always work in my exerience. Be sure to combine autofs with something
like /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/X11/sessreg -d -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -l $DISPLAY $USER
#custom part:
su $USER -c /usr/local/bin/umnt
slay $USER

and /usr/local/bin/umnt:

#!/bin/sh
cd                   # important
for i in $( ls /mnt/ )
do
    umount /mnt/$i 2> /dev/null
done
for i in $( ls /amnt/ )
do
    umount /amnt/$i 2> /dev/null
done

> Does GDM have PAM support so I can use LDAP authentication or if I'm
> feeling lazy and not security conscious, a mysql table of users?

No idea, sorry.
-- Andre
--
Andre Berger <andre.berger@topmail.de> from Bonn, Germany