RE: Potato install fails to load ROOT image

	Sorry to reply to myself, but I've come to the conclusion after
further
	testing that my floppy drive is 100% busted and I'm not going to be
able
	to do anything useful off it. I also can't (practically) replace it.

	Floppy drives are about $10 now aren't they?

	do have a fully functioning RedHat 5.2 installation on the machine
and a
	fast network connection, but it's one big partition plus swap. Is
there
	any way I can get debian onto this puppy?

	Shrink your big partition and add one for /home. Move your stuff on
there, then you can blow out the main one and do a fresh install from the
CDs ( I assume they're around somewhere)

	tim