Re: advanced power management and linux?

> Tip 3: there are kits available which will control the speed of the PSU fan
> by means of an NTC. I bought them for US$10 in the local electronics shop
> and they work fine. Alternatively a resistor in the circuit of the fan
> might work too for fixed speed reduction.

This sounds interesting. What's an NTC? Looking around the web
it looks like there are lots of places in Holland which sell
devices for making machines quieter. Here in the wild west
it looks like everybody sells the same generic power supply
and any attempts to obtain information about quieter ones are
typically met with an incredulous stare. This is probably
because in America people believe that if something
makes a lot of noise, then it must be really powerful and
hence good.
Maybe you can recommend a vendor of the above-mentioned kits
(or whatever silencing solution you currently use). Ideally
one which will ship to Canada, although I have some friends in
Holland who could forward the goods if need be.

-chris