Re: Exim and filtering

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 12:20:13AM -0500, Daniel E Baumann wrote:
> I read through the whole filtering documentation (filter.txt.gz file). So I set
> up my .forward file as such:
>
> # Exim filter
[snip]
> # Debian Lists
> if $header_to: contains "lists.debian.org" or
> 	 $header_cc: contains "lists.debian.org"
> then
> # Stick the message in hurd-inbox if from debian-hurd list
> 	if $header_to: contains "hurd" or
> 		 $header_cc: contains "hurd"
> 	then
> 		save $home/mail/hurd-inbox

ELSE FALL-THRU

> 	endif
> else
> 	save $home/mail/debian-inbox
> endif

i'm guessing you probably wanted something like this
instead:

	if <debian.org> then
		if <hurd> then
			save <hurd>
		ELSE			# <<==
			SAVE <DEBIAN>	# <<==
		endif
	endif

whereas what you've got right now does this:

	if <debian.org> then
		if <hurd> then
			save <hurd>
		endif
		SAVE <DEBIAN>	# <<==
	endif

> The contents of test-message was:
> >To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org

it matches your debian test, but not the HURD test,
so it falls through.