Potato Creams Kernel. Film at 11:00

Sigh.

This is a frustrated vent, so feel free to move on...

Just did the apt-get upgrade from slink to potato.

1. The install process failed with a "depend" something error (I've had to
decamp to another computer, for reasons you'll see below). I can't get any
more info than that from dpkg or apt-get.

2. Probably because of 1., stty0 vanished, as in "doesn't exist" according to
Debian. (I'm at my old computer, with a looooonng serial cable attached to
the modem...)

3. Even though I didn't touch the kernel, it now complains that it doesn't
have ppp configured in...

Oh, yeah. X blew up also. Well, "startx" command tells me it can't connect to
a server, although FX86Config works just fine.

Sigh. Looks like I have to do a complete re-install. Of slink, mind you. It
looks like I'm gonna give potato a pass...

Kind regards
--
  - Nick -

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most times he will
pick himself up and carry on...
-- Winston Churchill