/etc/passwd & user IRC

Hello,

I was searching for UID of irc user (some time ago I've seen such user
exists); now I can't find it. adding of irc package runs adduser --system
which is nice but I don't prefer that method (some UIDs were already
allocated for some users sometie ago, why not to use them?).

dpkg -S /etc/passwd tells /etc/passwd belongs to no package (very nice...)

Now, please don't advise just get one free number; if you can respond
- why doesn't /etc/passwd belong to any package ?
- why was user 'irc' removed ?
- is it safe to create user with uid 39 that was used for irc some time ago?
- why does ircd package create user irc then ?

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/