Re: Re Rescue Disks, Tom's btrt

> > > LinuxCare does, with their Bootable Business Card:
> > >   ISO image:  http://static.linuxcare.com/iso/lnx-gold.iso
> > >   Info:       http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/download.epl

You might also want to check out http://lubbock.sourceforge.net

Lubbock is based on the BBC, but we are currently planning to switch to
a Debian base... and broaden it to more than bootable cds, including
zip drives, ls-120s and more...  you'll be able to pick a selection of
deb packages and build a custom image automagically.

> Next, the BBC uses a file which starts off as a shell script then
> includes actual image data, in compressed format, as a mounted static
> image.  I don't know what specific magic was done to this, but it's
> possible that this could be made to work without extensive changes.

check out the CVS for lubbock, we've got everything needed to make changes

> If you do decide to do this, you might want to ask more generally for
> hints (or solutions) from other folks (try the LinuxCare website),
> and/or post your own results.  Would make a cool little Linux Zip
> distro.

join the Lubbock mailing list, or even the Lubbock developer team...

Seth Cohn
lead developer