Re: Install-boot failure

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 03:21:26PM +0000, Suresh Kumar.R wrote:

> When I try to boot from the debian slink or potato cd, the boot process
> apparently hangs with the following line:
>
> 	FDC 0 is a post - 1991 82077
> 	md driver 0.36.3 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8
>
> The interesting thing is , we are able to put Redhat linux into the same
> machine. We are trying to remove redhat to put debian.

I, too, would like to find an answer to the above problem.  A search on
dejanews locates hundreds of messages similar to this one, but no answers
(unless you're running an Athalon...the answer is then upgrade to frozen).  I
have an old 486 that I'd like to install Debian 2.1 or 2.2 on, but I get the
same hang every time.  I can install RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE and Slackware, but
not Debian.

Any ideas?

--
Tom Hoover N5NTM <tom@hisword.net> - http://www.hisword.net/tom
    - checkout HisWord(tm) Palmtop Bible at the above URL -