Re: Netscape E-Mail-trouble

Marcel Karras wrote:

> Hallo Debians,
>
> I'm using the Netscape Communicator 4.72. (very slow) If I try to recieve an
> E-Mail then I will be asked to input my password. I did it, but after pressing
> the return-button Netscape kills itself. But I configured the Server-settings
> in the right form. (as I did a few time ago in Windows98) Is there any reason
> for it?
> (there's no error-message)
>
> Thanks awfully!

Netscape is pretty unstable. I don't know if this will help, but I'd
suggest turning off any Java in Netscape (Edit/Preferences/Advanced). If
the email you're receiving has html/java, this might be a factor.

Also, if you have another ISP/email system, you might configure Netscape
to use the second email system as a test. This might help you narrow
down the problem to either your Netscape/system or the first ISP's
system.

Sorry I don't have any definitive answers.