Re: staroffice

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 08:01:14PM -0400, David Teague wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>

> > StarOffice is a bloated stuck pig.  It handles MS file formats fairly
> > well though.
>

> I do a lot of revising of documents, and find that SO doesn't export
> 'tracking changes' to MS Word. If you can work exclusively with SO
> its word processing format does track changes.
>
> I rebooted to the Win 98 partition and I ran word 97. I'm hoping
> that the  Trelos's Win4Lin (www.trelos.com) will let me run Word 97
> Someone mentioned that it would run Word 95. Fingers crossed.
>
> anyhbody know for sure?
>
> --David
> David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
> Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
>                  useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
>                  (I hope this is all of the above.)

Yes, it will run the complete Office97 suite, even Excel w/VBA macros.
I've been running them for three months now with no trouble at all.
(It'll run lots of other Windoze software, too.)

Hang around in the Win4Lin list for a while -
win4lin-users@lists.trelos.com.  There are many comments on which
software will run / won't run / needs tweaking to run...

HTH & HAND
--
Martin Hillyer