Re: NE2k problem

> Hi. I have a problem with my NE2000 PCI clone. Whenever I do an insmod
> on the module, it comes back with an `unresolved symbols' error. If
> anyone has tips out there it would be appreciated.

What are the symbols?

What's most likely happening is you're doing only an `insmod ne2k-pci`.
You need to do one of two things:

	modprobe ne2k-pci

or

	insmod 8390
	insmod ne2k-pci

to get your ethernet card to work.

The unresolved symbols are coming from the low-level driver for the
National Semiconductor 8390 (or compatible) microcontroller on the
ethernet card.  The low-level code is shared among about 10 ethernet card
drivers (some 3com ISA cards, NE1k/NE2k, WD 80*3, 'prolly some others)
that use the same microcontroller but have differing "glue logic" to send
the microcontroller the commands.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstien