Subject: Re: anyone knowledgeable enough pls help!

Hi Pavel,

  Thank you. I would really appreciate it if you can send me your
programs... if you don't mind that is :)

Pavel M. Penev kal_pav@sz.techno-link.com wrote:
<cut>
This here is absolutely wrong. The X11 system uses its own signals,
transported via TCP/IP. Clicking File->Quit is just like clicking any
other button. Netscape is responsible for handling the event, and it has
no reason to kill its parent if run by a system()-like function, or run by
exec*() function it will have its own signal-handling table. I have
written two small programmes (one for GTK, and one to call it and trap
signals). I can send them if you wish.