Re: email to fax

    J> On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 12:49:26 -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
    >> Can anyone suggest an automate way to route all the email sent
    >> to one email address to be faxed to one fax machine. The
    >> purpose is to allow orders taken by email to be automatically
    >> faxed to a store that does not have email.

    J> Intercept the mail on delivery using procmail and feed it to
    J> one of the fax sending programs (mgetty-fax, hylafax or efax).

I have written a script (or at least the bare bones) designed to
convert an E-Mail to fax (mgetty-fax). I use it with postfix, but
suspect any MTA will work.

Please read the requirements in the code.

It doesn't properly deal with attachments of different types.  Now, if
only I could get mgetty to look at for a given mime-type on the
command line, instead of guessing based on the file extension.

Also, there is a password hard-coded in the script (I don't want anybody
to send faxes from me computer...).

However, I believe the code to be simple and easy to understand.

Sorry, it is ages since I last looked at this (it worked
last time I checked!):

Please send improvements back to me. Or even better, package it for
Debian. I think a number of people could use similar program that is
fully featured.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>