Firewall

Yet another problem I have been having with a Debian install. Sorry to keep
pestering.

Here is my problem stated simply. I need to create a firewall between our
internal network and the internet while still allowing the machines inside
the network some limited access out and in. i.e.. keep our webservers etc.
inside the firewall.

I have two network cards installed in my machine and I have followed the
FIREWALL-HOWTO to the "t". here is my configuration

eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.1 :Connected to the internal network
eth1 xxx.xxx.xxx.2 :Connected to the internet.
# note that the xxx.xxx.xxx are the same subnet since we are allocated a
class C domain.

my routing table looks similar to this:
DESTINATION    GATEWAY    GENMASK        ...     IFACE
xxx.xxx.xxx.254        0.0.0.0        255.255.255.255            eth1
xxx.xxx.xxx.0            0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0                eth0
0.0.0.0               xxx.xxx.xxx.254  0.0.0.0
eth1

Sorry for the poor formatting.

Right now all I can do is access both of the IP addresses from either the
internet or the internal network. However no matter what I do I can't get
past the firewall (it works too well). I have enabled PI forwarding in the
kernel and set the IP_forward file to 1 as well as set the forward ipchains
to wide open, as in:

ipchains -A forward -j ACCEPT

as the only rule.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

 0 /  Derek Wueppelmann
(D   Libraxus Inc.
/ \   dwueppel@libraxus.com