Re: Changinf from xinitrc to xsession

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 10:55:52AM +0100,
Mário Filipe <mjnf@uevora.pt> wrote:
> Having installed helix-gnome I am now running gdm.
>
> I used to do startx to run X. So i had a .xinitrc file. On this file i called
> the wm, gnome-sesion, etc, and i had the following command
>
> xset fp+ unix:/7001
>
> so that i could use tt fonts.
>
> I know that i have to move this command to .xsession, have .xsession executable
> but still it produces no result, i.e., apparently xset is not run. How do i add
> this thing to .xsession, or how do i run this thing?

If you're using the Gnome startup from GDM (not Debian or
XSession), it will start gnome-session for you and will not read
~/.xsession. However, it will source ~/.gnomerc. So you can put
your xset command there. Don't put your window manager in
~/.gnomerc either; gnome-session will start that for you, and you
can select a different window manager in the control center.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
 necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
 going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as
 they fly overhead."
 --RFC 1925