Re: boot floppies

Sven Burgener wrote:

> Hi debs
>
> I've been booting this system with a boot floppy for some time now. Say
> I wanted to create new boot disks for any potato machine, how would I
> most easily do this?

If you've compiled you own kernel, the easiest way to go to the directory you
compiled from. In my case that's /usr/src/linux and do a 'make zdisk' or 'make
bzdisk' if you made a bzImage.

If you haven't compiled your own kernel, you might want to. Then you can make a disk
during the compiling.

John

> Anyone had experience with the package boot-floppies?

Nope!

John