Re: rm -R /usr/ - undelete....

hi ya...

"interactive" mode for rm -i  foo is fine...as long
as you don't remove too many files ???

think the trick is if "rm -rf /usr" is a directory.....
rm should query you.....

if you do "rm /usr/blah"...than just go ahead and don't
bother....as if "-f" was specified ???

if you do "rm -rf /any_dir" as root....alias it ???

... a simple aliase "rm -i"  drives me nuts...
and too lazy to type rm -f  too

and better still if you can find a usable/workable
"undelete" program....even better...
	- long ago found something that works only for
	small files/dirs

oh welll...too many possibilities.....just have a good
backup/recovery/undelete system in place...that will get you up
and running within the hour...

c ya
alvin