Re: enexpected EOF problem

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 03:53:31PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> Although I have only used vi to edit a file, I keep getting this when I
> execute it:
>
> /etc/iptables.sh: line 247: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Some pieces of software expect a linefeed on the last line and break if
there isn't one there. That might be what's happening, usually safest to
always make sure you have a blank line at the end of the file.

If that's not the problem then you could start vi with the -b option,
that should show any non-printable characters in the file (I think).

Cheers,
Tom

--
Class, that's the only thing that counts in life.  Class.
Without class and style, a man's a bum; he might as well be dead.