Re: which SQL database?

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 21:21:37 +0800, Alex Kwan wrote:
> I wanted to setup a Apache+PHP3 Intranet Database Server, Orcale, MySQL or
> PostgreSQL, which one is more easy to learn and config also better
> supported by Apache+PHP3 ?

I haven't worked with Oracle, but I suspect it is quite complex (given the
fact that "Oracle DBA" is a valid job description nowadays, and the large
number of Oracle consultants around).

PostgreSQL is probably slightly more difficult to learn than MySQL, but it
is truely free and supports many more SQL / relational database
functionality (e.g. transactions). I suspect PHP's support for PostgreSQL
and MySQL is more or less comparable.

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking