Debian & Corel, RE: Compaq Armada installation

Re:  Right now I'm confuse how to install Corel Linux OS by
install the Debian OS first?. Can you explain more? Or is
there any website
that explain about this?. It's is because my Compaq Armada
7750MT cant
display the X interface during installation. I've tried to
scroll all the X
server by doing ctrl+alt+fn+ +, still not working. I can see
the background
change a bit but the GUI for enter the username not
appeared.  The CLOS that
i'm using right now is 1.0. What about the 1.1? It will work
or still the
same?. For your info, my display adapter is S3Aurora64V+.
1) The XFree86 Xwindows software does support many S3
cards.  You will have to look through the listing at
http://www.xfree86.org/ to see it your card is among them.

2) I don't have version 1.1 COLOS, perhaps some else on this
list can help you out with question as to whether 1.1 serves
for the S3Aurora64V+ adapter.

3) With respect to Debian and Corel Linux, they differ
mostly in that the Corel installation is more automated and
Corel provides a Desktop with many integrated utilities.
Below that all the other software and the maintenance system
is that of the Debian distribution, and most of the base
software itself once installed is that common to all Linux
distributions.  It is just delivered/removed/updateable in
the  Package.DEB format/system.

4) Thus in cases where the Corel graphical installation
fails but there is reason to expect that XFree86 supports
your video adapter, one can start an installation with
Debian text/menu based methods, following the information
provided at http://www.debian.org.  At the stage where  the
option of installing further software beyond the base
install comes up, the CorelLinux CD can be used as the
source repository.  Thus your installation when finished is
CorelLinux.

I promise to mount a HOWTO on this shortly.  You should look
through the install information at DEBIAN, and decide
whether you want to try that route.  Difficulties
encountered are usually hardware specific, though it takes a
bit more personal planning than the Corel install. You might
send a query to the Debian user group
<debian-user@lists.debian.org> and ask is there is anyone
physically near you who could help out.  There probably is.

MarvS