Re: exim doing wierd stuff

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Jay Kelly wrote:

> Hello Group,
> I have been trying to get my potato box to run exim and have been running
> into some errors.

Hi Jay,

	I did a fresh install of potato (frozen - cd images May ~15) 3
days ago and ended up with the same problem.
	I found out the reason: netbase package is not setting up the lo
interface. I had to do by hand; after that, everything worked just fine.
	I put some lines in /etc/init.d/networking, like these:
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 lo
	This fixed the problem for me; you may want try.

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br