Re: C and C++ library docs

"Roso Giuseppe (Beppe)" <roso@arena.sci.univr.it> writes:

> Goodmorning,
>    I have to ask if someone know if there is a good documentation of Gnu C
>    and C++ libraries documentation in postscript, acrobat pdf or something
>    like format. I found only some old documents and often info or man
>    aren't so complete.
>    It is easier to find documentation on new X libraries (like GTK+ ...).

There is currently no (complete) documentation of the GNU standard
C++-library. Here is a free (but not GPL) C++-reference:
http://www.dinkumware.com/refxcpp.html
(this reference covers the latest standard, which is not what
gcc-2.95.2 has).

be aware that gcc 2.95.2 (the latest release) does not support the
latest version of the standard c++-library (few compilers currently do,
so you might not want to use the latest features).

If you want a C++-library according to the latest standard,
you need to install libstdc++-v3:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++/

BTW: It would be good if someone would start a project for a GPL'd
C++-library reference. I imagine this could be fun (using docbook etc.).
(I won't do it because I feel like I would include information from
books I have read on this)

--
Felix Natter