SVGA Text Mode & ATI Charger video card

hi,

untill someone with real knowledge help you, you may try using one of
the Vesa modes (I suppose ATI Charger supports it). But to use this
you will have to set the Console/Frame Buffers/Vesa VGA support for
the kernel. And then select one of the vesa modes listed in the
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt. You select it by putting a
line in one of the entries of the /etc/lilo.conf file like:

vga=0x31A

This is the one I use, which gives me a very high resolution in text
mode (I think 1280x1024 pixels)  for my SiS530 onboard VGA, but I
suppose it would work for you too ...

I hope this helps

jan