Re: [Slink install freezes on FIC SD11]

Don't quote me on this reply because it's only a shot!  You may want to try
another hard drive.  I've had problems in the past with Maxtor 8.6Gb hard
drives conflicting with a Cyrix CPU and another hardware conflict with a
Compaq motherboard that had a P166 on it.

jim_harritt@hp.com wrote:

I have seen references to this problem in several forums, but have not seen a

solution.  My hardware:

FIC SD11 motherboard ver 1.7
Athlon 700Mhz processor
128Mb PC100 memory
Maxtor 13Gb ATA/66 drive
Crative Labs 3D Blaster Savage4 AGP video
Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI 512 sound
Lynksys LNE100TX lan card

When I try to install debian 2.1 from several sources, the kernel boot stalls

after detecting my hard drive and CDROM drive.  Using the install from the
Debian/SGI/O'Rielly dist the last line displayed:

NCR53c406a: no available ports found

Using a 2.1r4 dist from Cheapbytes freezes in a similar manner.  I was also
able to install Red Hat 6.1 and Slackware 7.0.

Has anyone successfully installed debian on similar hardware?

--
Jim Harritt
Messaging Engineer

https://ecardfile.com/id/jim_harritt