Gnome desktop

I installed Debian (slink) and the X Window system. My "manual" that came
with the CD, "Learning Debian Gnu/Linux" has a section on using GNOME.

Most of the things they refer to are there, but two are missing: home
directory icon and File Manager. I suspect they didn't get installed. I
used dselect to check the CD Rom, but I can't find any Gnome related files
that are uninstalled.

Are they listed under another name? Is there some other way to complete
the installation? I kind of enjoy using Gnome, and I would like to find
and install the rest of it.

Thanks,

Sandy Shapiro