Re: 2 ?'s, Pon & normal users, colour in config programs.

Hello John,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, John Anderson wrote:

> I tried putting normal users in /etc/group under dip like this:
>
> dip:x:1000:1001
>
> still, the computer says, permission denied to /usr/sbin/pppd.  Did I
> configure it incorrectly?  Is there anyway to get this working?

Perhaps it would be easier to use the 'adduser' command instead of editing
the file by hand. See the man page for 'adduser',
AFAIK you can add an already existing user to an already existing group by
typing (as root):
adduser <existing user> <existing group>

Regards,
Daniel