Re: fetchmail / s10/10.0.2.15

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 07:02:30PM -0500, ktb wrote:
> OK getting closer.  I ran--
>
> $ fetchmail -c mail.inebraska.com
> Enter password for fkent@mail.inebraska.com:
> fetchmail: Authorization failure on fkent@mail.inebraska.com
> fetchmail: authorization error while fetching from mail.inebraska.com
> fetchmail: Authentication failed for fkent@mail.inebraska.com
>
> I was prompted for a password.  I think what is wrong is fkent isn't
> my username for the isp.  So I tried changing this line--
> #   username (or user)        -- must be followed by a name
>
> in .fetchmailrc
>
> to--
>
> user xyf

This look right ...

> but now I get this error--
> $ fetchmail -c mail.inebraska.com
> fetchmail:/home/fkent/.fetchmailrc:45: parse error at user

... but apparently isn't.

> I also tried username --xyf
> and user "xyf"
>
> Maybe I have the syntax wrong I will keep looking.

So it seems.  Here's the relevant section from my .fetchmailrc:

poll mail.earthlink.net protocol POP3:
        user reznaeous
        password my_password_was_here;

I would guess that somethings just not quite right with yours.
Perhaps a misplaced : or ; somewhere?  If that doesn't do it
send me a copy of your .fetchmailrc and I'll see if I can spot
what's wrong.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"