FreeWWWeb

Hi,

I signed up for FreeWWWeb, the registration went OK, my POP works, only I
cannot connect. I use username@freewwweb.com as my login and PAP
authentication. When I try to login, my /var/log/syslog says PAP
authentication failed. It requests my username and password OK (password is
plain text in syslog).

The FreeWWWeb support-for-linux page says I should check my /etc/ppp/options
file. But I didn't touch that one.

Anybody knows more on this (not so great) free webXS?

Bart

PS
My first account didn't work because I used the 80 hrs already, according to
the support people. And I didn't even ever connect!
PPS
When I choose PAP in pppconfig and chap-secrets exists, it uses CHAP. I
guess something fairly wrong with my ppp ...