Re: make-kpkg

Let's say you have unpack linux sounce in /usr/src/linux then try this

#cd /usr/src/linux
#make config|menuconfig|xconfig
#[fakeroot|sudo|else] make-kpkg kernel_image

You should have kernel-image-?????? in /usr/src, try that out !

bye,

Chanop
Once upon a time, I heard Antonio Rodriguez say

> To use the make-kpkg (kernel-package) it is said that must be used in a
> top linux source directory. What exactly does it mean? An empty
> directory with only some file such as
> kernel-source-2.2.14_2.2.14-4_all.deb?
> I want to make my own kernel.
> Thanks,
> AR (not too newby, but not too good at this either)

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@faceng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| got sparetime ?                                                             |
| http://kenji.anu.edu.au/                                                    |
|          Debian GNU/Linux           GPG key on request                      |