jserv installation

Hello
I am very new to Debian.
I installed jserv on my new potato.
There were two things I had to change to get
it working:

1.
 in apache/http.conf I had to uncomment the LoadModule line.
 and I added a line with "include ../jserv/jserv.conf

2.
 in jserv.conf I had to set
 ApjServLogFile ../jserv.log

There was a comment, that said I shouldn't do that.
Does anybody know why? It works fine now.

# On Unix, this file must have write permissions by the owner of the JVM
# process. In other words, if you are running Apache JServ in manual
mode
# and Apache is running as user nobody, then the file must have its
# permissions set so that that user can write to it.
# Syntax: ApJServLogFile [filename]
# Default: "./logs/mod_jserv.log"
# Note: when set to "DISABLED", the log will be redirected to Apache
error log
# Debian note: DO NOT SET THIS OPTION HERE - use /etc/apache/httpd.conf!
#ApJServLogFile DISABLED
ApjServLogFile ../jserv.log

If my way was the correct, someone could add this to the README.Debian.
Whom should i contact to add this to the README?

Thomas