Re: dselect

It seem that you have not pointed dselect (apt) to a more up-to-date distribution.  As
root, try running the apt-setup command and select a complete mirror.  Then run dselect
and chose the update option to get a new list of packages from the chosen source.  Once
the packages are updated, you are returned to the main menu and you can then enter the
selection menu and have significantly more packages to choose from....

Hope this helps.
Johnny.

FreeMan wrote:

> I think my list isn't as long as you think. There are just 7 pages -
> that's all and I just can't find Samba. As I already told, it seems to
> there are only packages displaied, which are already installed.
> I already tried the search function but after typing in "samba", I just
> hear a short beep and the cursor jumps back to the begining of the
> list.
> What do I have to do, to see all available packages?
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Valtech Ltd