Re: Netscape shuts down when downloading

I almost never download through Netscape because it's too flakey,
instead prefering wget or even good old FTP.

Not a direct solution to your problem, and not something that works 100%
of the time (some "protected" URLs don't allow direct access).

And no, I don't know why it's crashing -- though I suspect someone might
say it's a feature....