Problems with Svgalib and PS/2 mouse

When I installed svgalib some time ago I didn't manage to get the
mouse to work (i.e. nothing happens when I move the mouse).  This
didn't bother me much until I found out about the svga-mode of xaos
(which is really cool!).

I have a Logitech MouseMan (PS/2) and the relevant entries of
libvga.config look like this:

        mouse PS2
        mouse_accel_type off
        mdev /dev/psaux

I've tried several other combinations (includes playing with the
DTR/RTS and acceleration settings) but it did not help.

The (working) pointer section in XF86Config looks like this:

        Protocol        "PS/2"
        Device          "/dev/psaux"
        Resolution      100
        Buttons         3

The svgalib driver is VESA (if that makes any difference).

Any ideas?

Regards,
Lars
--
"..  Like I always say -- nothing can beat the BRATWURST
  here in DUSSELDORF!!"