Using AT1500BT AVA1505 Newbie (to Debian) need instal help.

I'm having problems getting my two SCSI CD-ROM drives and my three
AT-1500BT ethernet adaptors to work.

I'm trying to install a machine for use in the Children's Room as a
proxy server with one NIC connected to the machines in the Children's
Room, one connected to an ISP (RoadRunner perhaps) and the third
connected to the Library's LAN. I have installed RedHat before but
I've decided that Debian should work better for what I want to
do. This is a trial run through with the hamm release from a CD I've
had for a while.

I took an Dell 486, put one small 240 IDE hardrive (for the boot
partition) and one large 13G hardrive for everything else. The machine
has an Adaptec AVA-1505 AT-to-SCSI Host Adaptor with two CD-ROMs in
the chain. The machine has three At1500-BT ethernet adaptors.

I was able to get the Linux install program to recognize the adaptor
for the installation by responding to the boot prompt ("boot:") with
"linux aha152x=0x340,11,7" which are its I/O address, IRQ, and SCSI ID
respectively. The machine has two SCSI CD-Roms in it. The installation
started alright though oddly when it came time for the install program
to read the disk again after loading the initial install I had to put
it in a different drive because it wanted the disk is drive 0.  The
SCSI chain was not recognized when I rebooted after the install. I
assume that I need to pass that parameter to the kernel, but I missed
where and I couldn't figure out how to gain access to the SCSI drives
after the install.

I have at least two problems with the ethernet adaptors. I downloaded
the "setup15.exe" from Allied Telesyn and set the cards as follows in
the three leftmost, from where I sit, ISA slots. I did use the setup
program so that all the AT-1500BTs have different I/O addresses, DMA
addresses and IRQs. They are set to 0x300,5,5; 0x230,4,6; and
0x360,3,7. They may be conflicting with other hardware, but not with
each other. The install program does not have a driver listed for the
AT-1500BT. The Linux Hardware Compatibility Guide at
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO-12.html lists AMD
LANCE (79C690)/PCnet-ISA/PCI (AT1500,HPJ2405, NE1500/NE2100) as being
the same. I tried "lance" without success. I assume that it is the
right driver but that I either need to have the card hooked up to a
network to stand a chance of installing or else I needed to pass
parameters.

Hopefully someone can tell me what I missed and how to configure

3 Network Cards and 2 SCSI CD-ROMs

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us