Re: Sound ES1371 issues

Thanks for the response.

My .config file looks pretty much like yours (kernel 2.2.9):

CONFIG_SOUND=m
CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370=m
CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_SONICVIBES is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDCLAS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDPIN is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_OSS is not set

Doing a "cat /proc/pci" results in:
cat: /proc/pci: No such file or directory

The output from "lspci -vv":
00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 06)
 Subsystem: Ensoniq: Unknown device 1371
 Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+
FastB2B-

The output from "lsmod":
Module                  Size  Used by
es1371                 22632   0  (unused)
soundcore               2564   4  [es1371]
vmnet                  16160   2
vmmon                  17664   1
3c59x                  18912   1
vfat                   11452   0  (unused)
fat                    24832   0  [vfat]
smbfs                  26988   3
nfs                    30784   0  (unused)
lockd                  32008   0  [nfs]
sunrpc                 53732   0  [nfs lockd]

Again, thanks for any help!