RE: the uninstall approach...

I have seen a few answers to this question, but none seem to address what I see
as the actual problem, so I'll take a stab at it.  The partitions have already
been deleted, according to the posting, so the question of DOS or Linux fdisk
to delete the Linux partitions is academic.  The problem seems to be that, while
the Linux partitions have been deleted, the original DOS partition is still 0.5
GB.  The answer is to use DOS fdisk to delete the DOS partition and then build
a new DOS partition of 2.5 GB and format it as C:\.

HTH

On 11-Feb-00 pplaw wrote:
> debs,
>
> ... i already deleted the linux
> partition/data;  but after i formatted c:\, i still get a
> extended partition that fdisk cannot delete.  (example:  in one
> of the boxes, i have a 2.5gb hard drive.  i used 2gb for hda1 and
> swap, leaving .5gb for windoze.  after reformatting, i still only
> show c:\ as being .5gb, instead of 2.5gb.  i need c:\ to see the
> other 2gb.)

Marc Shapiro                             http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_shapiro/
 -- Linux IS user-friendly.  It is just picky about who its friends are.