Re: Problem w/ libc6

> I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and, if
> so, what work-around have they implimented:
> Setting up libc6 (2.1.3-2) ...
> Current default timezone: 'America/Chicago'.
>    Local time is now:      Mon Feb 14 21:55:40 CST
> 2000.
>    Universal Time is now:  Tue Feb 15 03:55:40 UTC
> 2000.
> Run 'tzconfig' if you wish to change it.
> /etc/init.d/devpts.sh: line 63: syntax error:
> unexpected end of file
> dpkg: error processing libc6 (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error
> exit status 2
>  libc6
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
> (1)
>    I ran into this using dselect aimed at the frozen
> dist while trying to update my box (which started life
> as "unstable").
> I know, I have only myself to blamefor treading the
> dark waters of a non-stable release but I was trying
> to work back into the stable fold now that the freeze
> is on. Any help or comments will be appreciated!

That's an old bug in libc6 - have you tried a newer package?  You could
also concievably look at /etc/init.d/devpts.sh and try to figure out what
the problem is (a '{' was where a '}' should have been iirc).

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein