Re: Is frozen's ppp broken?

    DK>  I just did an apt-get dist-upgrade to the newest frozen
    DK> packages; upgrading ppp REMOVED ppp-pam. Now I cannot connect to
    DK> the Internet via Debian. I've got to use Mandrake instead.
    DK>
    DK> Is this some wierd dependency problem?

No it seems like a bug to me. /usr/bin/pon and /usr/bin/poff both try to
use /usr/sbin/pppd. But since ppp-pam has been removed, the only pppd
binary on my system is /usr/sbin/pppd.ppp-pam. That's why pon fails.

I had to edit /usr/bin/pon to use /usr/sbin/pppd.ppp-pam, and
/usr/bin/poff to look for the pid of pppd.ppp-pam instead of pppd. After
that I was able to connect to my ISP.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com