London not = GMT/UTC (was Re: time/date problems)

Quoting Ethan Benson (erbenson@alaska.net):

> if you must have correct time in windows you will have to reconfigure
> linux to keep time in local time instead of GMT.  personally i just
> set the broken OS's (in my case MacOS) timezone to London, England
> (GMT) so it won't corrupt the hardware clock, then linux has correct
> time and hardware clock is also correct (in GMT as it should be) I
> never do anything in my broken OS that depends on the time anymore so
> its not a problem, i just use my wristwatch when i need to know what
> time it is ;-)

Presumably you also have to tell the MacOS not to change to daylight
saving time as well: London uses "British Summer Time" for the majority
of the year.

In Windog, the "right" timezone to use is "Monrovia, Casablanca", not
(ironically) "Greenwich Mean Time; Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Lisbon".

Cheers,