Problem removing pcmcia-cs

How can I remove a broken pcmcia-cs package from my slink installation
while I am running a kernel without module support. When I try to dpkg -r
pcmcia-cs, it complains that it is a broken package and that it recommends
I install it again. When I try to reinstall it, the configuation fails
because modprobe fails (no module suppot in kernel). This leaves the system
in the same state it was, with the broken pcmcia-cs package.

Scott Thomson