Re: Newbie answers and newbie questions (was Re: Install problem)

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 10:56:59PM -0500, Richard Zitola was only
   escaped alone to tell thee:

> And now for a newbie question of my own...
>
> I've installed the base system and everything works fine, including
> ppp, etc.   How can I use the "tasks" and "profiles" method of
> package selection that was in section 7.23 of the install guide?
> Is this even possible, or do I have to deal with picking out of
> deselect by hand?  2000+ packages!  Yikes!

May I add that it would be helpful if the install process told you
how to get back to this particular point, in case you accidently
select the wrong one or must restart? I know I had to restart the whole
install because the system didn't begin at this point again and I
was (am <sheepish g>) newbie enough to be unable to locate it. Thanks.

--
bedlam@concentric.net  ||  http://www.concentric.net/~bedlam
Though nothing is wasted, everything is spent. -- Annie Dillard