Re: YAMAHA OPL3 SAx2 in Linux

John Foster wrote:
>  I could ONLY get this card to work using OSS from 4Front Technologies.
> Cost me $20.00 US to do so. Works great! If the other instructions do
> work for you please let us know. I would prefer to use open source
> software when possible. Thanks.

I had no problem getting it to work with Alsa and the 2.2-kernels on my
laptop running a mix of potato/woody++. However when I took the step up to
the 2.3-kernel (now 2.3.42) alsa 0.5 refused to cooperate. I didnt wanna
fuzz to much with it so I set it up with OSS/Free without problems.

With alsa it was all about setting up /etc/modutils/alsa with the correct
io-ports, irqs and dmas. With OSS/Free I compiled the correct settings
into the kernel.

 Heikki
heikkih@samfundet.no
http://samfundet.no/heikkih/