Re: compiling kernel on sparc/debian

try make zImage or bzImage or zdisk or bzDisk

i dont know if zdisk or bzdisk (bzDisk?) are valid options but i know
zImage and bzImage is, vmlinuz is not as far as i know.

zImage is used for kernels that can load in the 640kb of memory, bzImage
will load in 'high' memory (above 1MB i believe) for larger kernels.  most
of the time 2.2.x requires bzImage but you can try zImage, it will tell u
if the kernel is too big, and wether to use bzImage or not.

nate