Re: LAN access fails after 5 seconds

what is the full output of ifconfig? it shows packets sent/recieved
dropped, errors collisions etc.

i have a tulip card as well(2.0.36 kernel though)

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:40:05:30:FF:19
          inet addr:208.222.179.31  Bcast:208.222.179.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
          Collisions:0
          Interrupt:12 Base address:0xd000
(this is after 139 days running..)

i suggest checking on NASA's site (i forgot the url, go to
http://yahoo.aphroland.org and search for nasa) there may be an updated
driver, the author of most of the NIC drivers got into a arguement with
linus and alan(kernel maintainers) because the way he updates his drivers
are not what they like(or others), so chancesa re the drivers in the
kernel are (very?) old..even if the kernel is brand new.

nate