Re: gdm locks me out!!!

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:

>... I can not use the system in any way. How do I boot
>in single user mode from lilo?

When the LILO message appears during boot, hit the Shift key.  A
prompt will appear.  <Tab> will prompt you with a list of boot
images.  Type

	<name of image> single.

>Also m, is there any chang chance to have gdm woi working properly?

It worked fine for me under slink.  I didn't *like* it and
uninstalled it, but it worked.

Safest thing for you to do, from single mode, would be to uninstall
gdm.

Note: mailed directly to sb, and also to the list.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
"This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy."